1. Muse “Undisclosed Desires” — I love Muse and the way they make me feel when I listen to them.
2. The Gathering “Strange Machines” — I recently had to sing this song at a Dutch event called Christmas Metal Symphony. I had the song on repeat for hours!
3. Lady Gaga “Speechless” — It’s such an emotional song where she opens up about her father. It’s a true love song.
4. Opeth “Closure” — I love Opeth. They are one of the few metal bands I still listen to after all these years. From 3:27 on, I cut the song to use it as a ringtone. I think it’s a masterpiece!
5. Nightwish “Walking in the Air” — Since I was a little girl, I’ve loved the movie The Snowman. When I started listening to Nightwish, I heard this song, and it was nostalgic.
Live versions of Simone’s picks: Muse, The Gathering, Lady Gaga, Opeth and Nightwish.