Music Musings :
Digital Playlist: Herman Rarebell
July 28, 2010 , 11:00 am | By Bryan Reesman
1. LED ZEPPELIN “Good Times Bad Times” — It has the best foot pedal work from John Bonham ever.
2. LED ZEPPELIN “Kashmir” — The drumming is excellent — the heaviness, the way he lays the way down the beat.
3. LED ZEPPELIN “In My Time Of Dying” — I love the drumming in there, and the preciseness with how he plays this is unbelievable. That’s probably the best drumming he did ever.
4. THE YARDBIRDS “For Your Love” — They were a big influence in my life. The beat change in there was just really
heavy and something unusual.
5. THE KINKS “You Really Got Me” — This really got me when it came out. [sings riff] That was classic. I was fourteen years old and very impressed by that stuff. Even when I listen to the Kinks now, I crank up the radio because it brings back memories of those times.
Live versions of Herman’s picks: “Good Times Bad Times,” “Kashmir,” “In My Time Of Dying,” The Yardbirds and The Kinks.
Other Digital Playlists:
- Digital Playlist: Edguy's Tobias Sammet
- Dark Illusions
- "Star Wars" Bloopers Re-emerge
- Fear The Flying Reaper
- Albert Pyun: Swords, Sorcery & Sensationalism
- The Key To John Petrucci's Success? His Wife.
- Kip Winger: Dancing With Ghosts, Part One
- Steve Albini on the Liberation of Indie Artists
- Thanatos Revisits "This Endless Night Inside"
- Sean S. Cunningham's Wild "Friday" Slay Ride