Music Musings :
Hard Rock & Metal
Corey Taylor Explores The Seven Deadly Sins
August 23, 2010 , 1:35 pm | By Bryan Reesman
Slipknot/Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor has been busy lately. On top of the forthcoming release for the Slipknot DVD (sic)nesses, which features one of the band’s final live performances with the late Paul Gray, Stone Sour are touring and about to release their third album Audio Secrecy. Plus the singer is working on his forthcoming book about the Seven Deadly Sins.
“I just finished writing it, and it’s being edited right now,” Taylor tells A.D.D. “We’re hoping to get it out by the spring of next year. It’s about the Seven Deadly Sins and my take on them and how I don’t think they’re sins at all. They’re human characteristics. They’re just human flaws and things that we all experience, yet because we all deal with them we’re all doomed? Screw you. To me, it’s just part of being human, and it’s me making the case for that and saying that you can go through all of these things and at the end of the day you can still be a good person. I’m telling stories from my past and balancing humor with serious, dark stuff. I’m really excited about it.”
He says the book will be published by Da Capo Press. “I’m pretty stoked,” declares Taylor. “I’m very proud of the fact I didn’t have a ghostwriter. I wrote it myself, so if it sucks you know who to blame.”
- Sabaton Giveaway Winners Announced!
- High Seas Hijinks Aboard The U.S.S. Sir Ivan's Castle
- Bill Nighy: That Badass Undead Guy
- Inside "The Grand Reincarnation" Of Paul Booth's Last Rites Gallery & Tattoo Theatre
- Dark Illusions
- Geezer Butler Discusses Veganism, Religion, Politics, Surveillance, and Life Lessons
- David Bryan: From Netherworld To Memphis, Part Two
- Frank Oz Resurrects The True Ending To "Little Shop Of Horrors"
- Stage Directions
- Delta's Awesome '80s In-Flight Video