Who: Scott Rockenfield, drummer for Queensrÿche and film composer.
What: The Top 5 MP3s in his iPod right now.
Where: On tour across America.
Latest Album: Queensrÿche’s American Soldier and the Albino Farm soundtrack.
1. LADY GAGA “Paparazzi” — I like her delivery. I like her. I think she’s got a great personality; just her thing of how she’s going about becoming the star she is and her whole costume thing. She’s just got a machine going on, and she’s got a presentation. I don’t think enough people do that type of thing where they really live and breathe what they’re doing.
2. MILEY CYRUS “Can’t Be Tamed” — Just closing my eyes and not even thinking about Miley Cyrus or what that stereotype should mean to me, which I’ve tried not to do, it’s a cool song. I like the modern pop [thing] — it’s a very intense, upbeat, driving, energetic song with a great delivery. I saw the video, which adds to a lot to it where she’s wearing the angel wings. I see those things and put them together. She’s a machine, has money behind her and is making some cool stuff, so I like the song for that.
3. MOBY “Beautiful” — I just like him in general. I think he’s done some cool stuff.
4. Film soundtrack: DISTRICT 9 (selection) by Clinton Shorter — The music is really inspiring and has some great ethereal voices and percussion that go on through the whole thing. I listen to it front to back when I’m driving or doing my thing.
5. Film soundtrack: THE BOOK OF ELI (selection) by Atticus Ross — I think he used to be in a rock band. I can find no history of him doing a film score. It’s a great sounding, dark, moody electronic film score. I like the movie as well.
Live versions of Scott’s picks: Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Moby.