Elvira’s Not A Witch, But I Wouldn’t Care If She Was
October 20, 2010 , 12:45 am | By Bryan Reesman
In a cheeky nod to Christine O’Donnell, Elvira has created her own campaign ad about being just like us. But other than her main platform here, cleavage, she addresses the critical issue that people don’t like the bad horror movies being shown on television late at night. Thus the Mistress Of The Dark recently resurrected her Elvira’s Movie Macabre late-night television series from the early Eighties to show and mock B-movies like The Creeping Terror, The Giant Gila Monster and The Killer Shrews. So she gets to stand by her promise of change, sort of. (And for those jonesing for the spooky old days of the show, Shout! Factory reissued many of her vintage episodes on DVD back in 2006 and 2007.) Anyway, she still looks great, and being a fan of gorgeous Goth goddesses like her and Morticia Addams, I am pleased to witness her return.
- Dark Illusions
- Emilie Autumn’s Personal Asylum: Part One
- Getting His “Fix”: Life For Shawn Andrews Beyond “Dazed & Confused”
- How Many Producers and Writers Does It Take To Make A Great Song?
- Ten Great ’80s Covers From The ’00s
- Meaghan Rath Discusses Vampires, Ghostly Stunts and Spider-Man
- Travelers Beware: London’s Appalling Currency Exchange
- Charles Dance Talks “Neverland,” “Underworld: Awakening” and “Game Of Thrones”
- Emilie Autumn’s Personal Asylum: Part Two
- Revisiting the PMRC and their “Filthy Fifteen” List 25 Years Later