Music Musings :
Hard Rock & Metal
A.D.D. Podcast #6: Accept guitarist Wolf Hoffmann
June 2, 2011 , 6:30 pm | By Bryan Reesman
“As soon as we come off the road, we’re going to attack it full force and write some new stuff as fast as we can.”
Restless and Wild. Balls To The Wall. Metal Heart. Objection Overruled. These are some of the metal masterpieces that German headbangers Accept have unleashed upon the world. Throughout their 35-year career, they have helped influence the world of thrash metal, addressed social and political issues and generated a unique brand of intense, potent heavy metal that is fierce, passionate and in your face. When you hear those growling vocals, majestic guitars and ominous chants, you know who it is. Their latest album, Blood Of The Nations, makes an excellent addition to their canon. It is their first new studio album in 14 years and the first with new singer/lyricist Mark Tornillo, formerly of T.T. Quick, who brings his own personality to their music while blending in seamlessly.
At the end of their recent North American tour, Hoffmann spoke with A.D.D. about the band’s new music, line-up and tour along with his photography, Classical album, how things have changed for the group and his thoughts about their future. He made for a spirited interview.
A.D.D. podcast theme by Montyland Productions.
Accept music courtesy of the band and Nuclear Blast Records.
- Blackie Lawless Renounces His Past Sins
- Travelers Beware: London’s Appalling Currency Exchange
- Dark Illusions
- How Many Producers and Writers Does It Take To Make A Great Song?
- Getting His “Fix”: Life For Shawn Andrews Beyond “Dazed & Confused”
- Revisiting the PMRC and their “Filthy Fifteen” List 25 Years Later
- Elvira’s Not A Witch, But I Wouldn’t Care If She Was
- Five Things You Need To Know About Crucified Barbara
- Emilie Autumn’s Personal Asylum: Part One
- Ten Instrumental Rock Songs You Need To Hear