Music Musings :
Hard Rock & Metal
Don’t Piss Off Dave Grohl
July 13, 2011 , 2:07 pm | By Bryan Reesman
Rock music and bad behavior have always been synonymous, but just because you’re rocking out in a club or theater doesn’t mean you have to be a jerk. I’ve always hated when people form mosh pits or slamdance at the most inappropriate shows or moments, and it bothers me when some artists see stuff going on right in front of them and say nothing. Sometimes you cannot control crowd behavior from the stage, but sometimes you can (like during this incident from an Iron Maiden show in Brazil where fans’ safety was at risk after the front barricade was knocked down). This week Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl stopped his band’s set during the iTunes Festival in Camden to chastise a fan for fighting and make him leave. His angry rant, loaded with F-bombs, shows he is clearly in command, and it also shows that he cares about what goes on at his shows. Some people need to be told that they are major a-holes.
- Blackie Lawless Renounces His Past Sins
- The Key To John Petrucci's Success? His Wife.
- Dark Illusions
- Ozric Tentacles Lose Entire Archives In Fire
- Digital Playlist: Rob Halford
- Corey Taylor's Six Favorite Comic Book Characters
- Dream Theater Preview Their Self-Titled New Album In NYC
- The Crypt Keeper of Classic Horror Comics
- Five Things You Need To Know About Crucified Barbara
- Alfred Molina: Reveling In Villainy Again