Music Musings :
Hard Rock & Metal
It’s A Christopher Lee Christmas
December 25, 2012 , 1:47 am | By Bryan Reesman
For many years now, famed actor Christopher Lee has been involved in various heavy metal projects — working with Rhapsody first, then releasing his own solo material. Now he has put out two covers of holiday classics gone heavy — “The Little Drummer Boy” and “Silent Night” — on a new single called A Heavy Metal Christmas available through iTunes and Amazon. Does that sound odd? It kind of makes sense given that Lee is a longtime opera aficionado and brings that kind of vibe to his amped up Xmas renditions, which certainly have an epic, quasi-symphonic quality to them.
His band here includes Michelle at StudioPros (backing vox on “Silent Night”), guitarist Hedras Ramos Jr., bassist Hedras Ramos Sr. and drummer Ollie Usiskin. Check out the samples below. He also appeared on Manowar’s 2010 re-recording of their 1982 debut album Battle Hymns MMXI, replacing the late, great Orson Welles as narrator for “Dark Avenger”. A second Lee metal solo album, The Omens Of Death, is due out in 2013.
- Frolicking at Castlestock
- What's A Sweet Gal Like You Doing In A Bloody Show Like This?
- Ozric Tentacles Lose Entire Archives In Fire
- Digging Deeper With The "Vampire Diaries" Stars
- Aphex Twin Helps Us "Sleep Furiously"
- Joey Belladonna: Back In The Saddle With Anthrax
- "Dredd" Helps Blast Off (and Blast Up) Comic-Con 2012
- "Gamera" Giveaway Winners Revealed!
- Jump Cuts: "Hell Of The Living Dead"
- Blackie Lawless Renounces His Past Sins